Shaping - The Technology
How does the treatment work?The treatment involves multiple modalities and technologies – RF, Ultrasound, anti-cellulite, skin-firming creams and lymphatic massage. The procedure involves a combination RF/Ultrasound handpiece that is moved in a circular motion on the desired area. The energy from the handpiece penetrates deeply into the sub dermis in order to break down the underlying fat cells. A lymphatic massage then helps your body disperse and expel the fat so it is not simply restored elsewhere in your body.
UltrasoundAdipocytes (fat cells) are very “fragile” cells, in comparison to fibroblasts or other tissue cells. Without damage to the skin, vascular, nervous or muscular tissue, low frequency (30-70KHz) ultrasound energy is used to expand and contract the fat cell membranes until they burst.
Triglycerides inside the cell are then released into the surrounding fluid where they are enzymatically metabolized to glycerol and free fatty acids. Water soluble gylcerol is absorbed by the circulatory system and used as the energy source, while the insoluble free fatty acids are transported via the lymphatic system to the liver, where they are processed as any other fatty acid including fatty acids from food.
RFMonopolar RF (6MHz) currents target and intensively heat the subdermis (where cellulite is located) and provide the following benefits:
- stimulates the adipocytes to release fat into the bloodstream, physically damaging a number of them.
- shortens existing collagen fibres, thereby offering an immediate skin tightening/lifting effect.
- stimulates fibroblasts to produce new collagen and elastin fibres, thereby offering additional skin tightening.
CreamBoth the ultrasound waves and RF electrical currents facilitate the absorption of active ingredients through the skin. These processes are called sonophoresis and electroporation. The treatment gel used comprises high concentrations of natural active ingredients with anti-cellulite, skin-firming and circulation-enhancing properties. By facilitating the passage of these active ingredients through the skin and into the fat and collagen cells the following benefits are possible:
- release of fat from adipocytes (fat cells), for a localised slimming effect
- stimulation of fibroblasts (collagen cells) for improved skin tone
- stimulates microcirculation for reduced water retention, improved cell nourishment and detoxification
- exerts an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory action for more youthful and healthy skin